Monday, March 25, 2013

Dear Friends, Family, and Acquaintances

Dear Friends, Family, and Acquaintances, 


I am not always as tidy as I would like!
 
If you venture to drop by my home, unexpectedly, you may be greeted by a home in disarray. Crumbs littering the floor, various toys decorating my living room, a dish or two in the sink... it happens. 
This does not make me a bad person/wife/mom. This also doesn't mean that I am lazy and don't take care of my family. I simply prioritize things differently than you do and I often, as a person, prioritize things differently, from day to day. 
Some days I neglect the laundry a bit to work in the yard or do extra crafts with the kids . Some days I work my fingers to the bone hand scrubbing every surface of my home. Some days, I spend the day running errands and "tornado" my chores right before my husband gets home (if you are reading this, John... cat's outta the bag). Then, there's weekends; This I will call the "negative zone". A time in which, unless we have company, housework is absurdly low priority, relative to family time, church, etc.  (I always regret this on Monday, but that's beside the point) 
Please don't look down on me for my occasional disarray. We all have our strengths. Being a creative/imaginative person I tend to have my heads in the clouds, but my creativity is always driving me to teach my children and learn new ways to care for them in a healthy way. 
I have a heart like pudding and would, without question, give you the shirt off my back when you're in need, and if you're a part of my life... you ARE prayed for, daily. I think about you, constantly, BUT if you drop in on me, you may or may not walk into "order" when approaching my home.
The frank truth is that if our friendship is such that your visits depend on my order.... we won't get very far, but blessings to you anyway! :) 


 

7 comments:

  1. Oh weekends. Even without kids my house gets destroyed on weekends. I'm way lazy about housework, and its usually only actually clean tidy if someone that doesn't come over often is coming over the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really do work hard on my house. I just don't like to spend all my time working on it. I like to spend more quality time with the kids, so I end up working on it really hard in spurts. Maintenance cleaning (dishes, clean clothes, kitchen, things "picked up") half the week and really cleaning the other half. :)

    Weekends are pretty much hopeless, though. Even when I do think "I'm going to keep the house clean all weekend"... it's more of a treadmill-esque activity and I end up half way giving up by the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They offer a FREE one-month supply with every three months you
    together with the Phen375 is the leading fat reduction
    providers you can purchase that is certainly earning appreciable
    popularity. Phen375 works by boosting the physique's metabolism a software to generate your own program swifter as well as youre struggling much simpler. phen375 reviewThis is hence which can be vitamin products all of our total body mass.

    ReplyDelete