Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Social Networking gone BIZERK

I am Melissa Williams and I am addicted to Facebook! 

That being said... I am a bit amazed at the level of obsession for online social networking that has taken over our society. 

It's definitely a head scratcher for me 


Case in point:
I was sitting in a restaurant with my husband and I looked over at a table next to me and saw a couple on a date. This couple was taking pictures of each other pretending to take bites of their food and posting the pictures on their facebook page. This was not a "fancy" restaurant.
So why is it necessary to have pictures of yourself eating there? 

My theory?

Modern culture is obsessed with sharing every moment of their lives along with every fleeting thought. I suppose it may be a method of feeling valuable without taking the time to form close relationships... either way... it confuses me. 
I have seen people post pictures of their dinner on facebook, share their outfit choice on facebook, update their weight and pant size every 2 days or so, update their "location" from EVERY. SINGLE. PLACE. They go!

Hey... I get it.... it's addicting.... but if you are out on a date with your mate it's OK to enjoy their company without taking pictures of them eating.

Enjoy life.... tell us about it later!!! :)

(this coming from the ironic/hypocritical blogger/facebook addict) 


1 comment:

  1. I am way to into my social networking. I can't wait to have a "dumb phone" again. I actually only use twitter and google+ to try and promote my blog though. Mostly its just facebook I am in love with. However I don't tend to take the type of pictures you were talking about, so maybe I am less addicted than others...

    ReplyDelete