Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Fail at Crunchyness

I absolutely fail at being "Crunchy". 

One the one hand, I am a big advocate for everything natural.

 I make my own... well... nearly everything... and am often wrist deep in soft soft essential oil, fixed oil, mixture.  

I am on a sugar/flour fast that may end up being a permanent lifestyle choice. (apart for occasional indulgences) 

I have done "oil-pulling" regularly drink chia seeds 

I am very very anti "antibiotics". 

I have a thyroid condition that I refuse medication for, but instead use natural supplements that work great 

I am in search of a holistic Dr. near by because I don't trust "mainstream" Doctors. 

I dream of having a piece of land that I can grown my own small organic farm 

I use coconut oil for nearly everything 

I on NO OCCASION drink soda  

I never buy anything "low fat" or "fat free" 

I loved and miss nursing my babies. 

I am making my own dog food and treats 

I use glass Tupperware. 


This is where I absolutely fail... ready crunchy friends???? Ready to look away in horror...???? OK... let's go!

I am not a worrier, by nature. I don't believe that everything is going to kill me and I tend to not get worked up over much.

I, on rare occasion, use bleach in my home, because it's cheap and it can help with eliminating certain amounts of "elbow grease" 

I use regular deodorant

I brush my teeth with regular toothpaste 

I am trying to make the perfect natural hair products, but I'm running into dead ends here and there (no pun intended) and sometimes splurge on something cheap to wash my hair with (I buy the natural expensive stuff for my kids) 

I like eating out more than I should... like... WAY more than I should (which is inevitably changing with my new diet) 

My kids are.... vaccinated... bum bum bum ;)  

My son is circumcised (and if we had had another boy, he would have been too) 

I like a glass of wine in the evening (not lately, but sometimes) 

I don't often buy organic meat or produce. I get local whenever possible, but I AM a bit a cheap skate. I'd rather have a fridge full of various produce that I can wash in a water/vinegar mixture than a few organic things.

I use regular makeup. I"m trying to find a natural alternative that doesn't completely break the bank, but insecurity, on my part, makes it difficult for me to go completely without. 

I loooove coffee. I put half and half and agave in it... but I really drink way more than my share... 

I used disposable diapers and wipes. 

I own and use a microwave 

While I use glass Tupperware, I often use plastic cups. 


I'm sure there's more.... but that's the gist.... I suck at being "crunchy", but I do love my family, I swear. 



  

3 comments:

  1. I use bleach sometimes too. But only to clean my washer cause it gets stinky if I don't :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mostly I use bleach to combat bathroom related stains... but still

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, just wanted to mention, I loved this post.
    It was funny. Keep on posting!

    my web-site; Joyce

    ReplyDelete