Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Day 2

James 1:19-20
"My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires." 

Who has time to listen anymore? I mean... really... you have things to do, places to go, and a world of expectations to meet. If you are slow to speak, you might not get the opportunity to get your opinion out there. I mean who cares if they disagree with you?! You don't have to care what they think! 

The more we compete to express our opinions, the more conflict will arise, and the more we'll get what?.... ANGRY. The more we get angry the more we forget about others thoughts and feelings and say things we don't mean.

All of this can be avoided by not rushing into opinions by instead taking time to truly listen to one another.

For me, I tend to be a chatter box. I really enjoy listening to others, but I also really love talking and being full of opinions, so I verbal-diarrhea all over the place.

My personal mission for myself will be to shut my trap a lot more. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment