Thursday, May 30, 2013

Begin Again

That person that you see
Isn't me
And that's OK
I know it can be hard to take off
your hate colored classes, some days

It's human nature
It's born into sin
It's unwashed. Unclean
It's where we all begin

I can't always change your mind
But I don't have to nod along
I won't be lead away by the blind

I have a purpose
I am beautiful. Kind
I am loved. Adored
And I won't be left behind.
I won't be ignored.

Fingers at the ready
For pointing at my sins
Pseudo compassion to conceal
All of your grins

You don't want me to succeed
but that's OK
That is what they all say

It's human nature
Its born into sin
It's unwashed. Unclean
It's where we all begin

I hope I never make you feel that way
I am responsible too
Because love for a love
makes the whole world forgiven
This much I know is true

Let's take a moment and shake hands
Begin again and try to understand

Because
I am done with human nature
I am reborn out of sin
I am washed.
I am clean
Ready to begin Again

No comments:

Post a Comment