Sunday, July 14, 2013

When you have nothing nice to say.... Log on to Facebook?

Every person on earth has a propensity toward sinful thoughts. It's buried in the root of human nature. The more we indulge it the stronger it gets.  The latest, most advanced methods, are based in negativity via social networking.


This interpretation might exist only in my imagination, but it seems as if it's encouraged... nay... required that your every thought; especially the controversial ones, need to be shared on the internet. Not to mention, the necessity for controversial debate over useless stuff.

I have actually found that the way people act on facebook is making me PARANOID. Most, not all, people don't have a lot of joyful noise to share, but instead a mess of "I'm right, you're wrong", "everybody should listen to me", and a little "if everyone would just listen to me".

I actually went through and deleted anyone that I thought I might not actually see in real life, in the hopes that a "tighter group" might instill a more positive atmosphere. 

I think we all (definitely including myself) should take the time before posting, and think... is this building someone up or bringing them down, am I encouraging unity or division?

With articles that we post we should make sure that the information is just that; not anything designed to make people feel guilty for their choices, slanted with aggression and condemnation, but instead, useful information that could be helpful to anyone who read it.


Let's not pretend that we think we're helping. We just feel we have an excuse to share a controversial opinion in a more open forum. It's time to be honest with ourselves and build each other up!!! 



2 comments:

  1. While I am happy to engage in controversial debates on the internet, I do my best to avoid anything like that on Facebook. I know sometimes my comments on other peoples posts show up, but I try to keep my own page fairly neutral. I also tend to hide (or unfriend) people that post a lot of controversial stuff. Of course sometimes I post something I think is sweet or funny and people get offended, but that is their bad, not mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. You weren't in mind when I was posting this. So no worries there.

    I am sometimes surprised at the stuff people post, though. Some of it is just.... mean.

    ReplyDelete