Monday, June 27, 2011

Don't eat yellow snow!









So here are some fun little tips (not the $ kind, but the "don't eat yellow snow" kind) that I have picked up from reading, conversing, and livin'
1) OK... so I totally drop the ball... I don't cloth diaper my kids, get over it! ;) I also have a nifty little diaper genie. Now this amazing little thing keeps my house from stinking when I can bother to afford bags for it. So, I, to save money, and save myself from a odoriferous house, put regular garbage bags in it, and it works great.
2) Use good ol' fashioned vinegar any time you need to freshen, deodorize, de-germ, de-gunk,and/or de-stain anything. It will even remove old paint from paint brushes if you boil them in it for an hour.
3) Use your hubby's cheap-o (non gel) shaving cream to clean the mirror. AND your mirror will stay fog free-ish for awhile after you do it.
4) Use wd-40 to clean stainless steel, instead of that expensive stainless steel cleaner.
5) After cleaning your stove, wax it with car wax and it will clean off easier next time.
6) 1/2 cup lemon juice instead of bleach!!!
7) and basically everything you can do with vinegar, you can do with baking soda.
8) if you have citrus peels, you can run them down your garbage displosal and it will freshen it.
9) lemon juice and baking soda for tooth whitener
10) Add lemon juice to your dishwasher detergent or your dish water for cleaner dishes.
(don't worry, this isn't really my sink.... this time) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment