Thursday, June 16, 2011

If you don't have something nice to say....




We live in such a negative society.We are taught to seek, find, and embrace the flaws and general baseness of this world; particularly within one another.
Proverbs 16:24 says "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."
I want to base my life on that simple proverb. I have decided that in the process of doing a "personal makeover" I endeavor to not hold back compliments.
Why do we do that?!?!?!
This thought process started when I walked past someone in the grocery store and heard them whisper to their friend "Her baby is sooo cute!" about my precious Gabriella.
What? Why whisper this??? Do you think you will upset/offend me by telling me I have an adorable child? You never know... maybe I needed to hear something nice that day??
I hereby pray for blessing on my tongue, that I never hold back pleasent thoughts and maybe... just maybe... the "good stuff" will wash away the "dirt".

No comments:

Post a Comment