Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas Present Conundrum

My name is Melissa, and I am addicted to Christmas. 



I think about Christmas all year. I plan for it. I pick up presents all year and yet.... 

I can never get enough! 

Most "all-year" Christmas shoppers, like myself, do it so that they don't have to worry about it come Christmas. They have it all "taken care of". They can kick back and enjoy Christmas. 

There is one problem with this, for me.. .I LOVE  BUYING GIFTS!!! 
AND it never feels like enough! I make lists, make more lists... count the presents to make sure they are at least somewhat equal, and it always feels "short", so I go out and buy more. 
I.Just.Can't.Stop!!!!!!

They say that everyone has a "love language" and I am no exception, but I'm also multi-lingual. I am terrified that people don't know I love them, so I go out of my way, in every way, to show them. I tell people, I buy them gifts (when possible), I am affectionate (when I feel it's appropriate/comfortable), I make them things, I cook for people, and invite them into my home. 

Advantage: Hopefully I can teach my children to be "multi-lingual" lovers of people.
Disadvantage: Christmas is rough on our pocketbook. 

Look at it from my perspective... 
If you feel like you could just hand someone you care about a box o' love; 
Wouldn't you want to buy two? 
Don't mistake this for being shallow. I couldn't care less if this is reciprocated. I often just feel blessed/grateful that I have people who want me around on the holidays. 

Christmas is my favorite time of year, because I have an excuse to give give give relentlessly without it being weird. 

I'm a crazy gal. 





No comments:

Post a Comment