Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful

In honor of tomorrow being a day designated for appreciation and thanks, I am going to do the natural thing and make a list of things I'm thankful for. I will try to narrow it down. ;) 

  1. A family and friends to share the holiday with.
  2. Stretchy pants, that I will be desperately needing after 3 large thanksgiving meals (different days). 
  3. Children that are so sweet and adorable that they earn comments of admiration whilst shopping in a store sporting "pre-holiday" insanity. 
  4. The extra chocolate that seems to be hanging out everywhere this time of year. 
  5. A husband that manages to have patience with me, despite the small child in my subconscious talking me into putting up my Christmas decorations a week early. 
  6. Nap time
  7. Play time
  8. An excuse to make a giant meal for people I care about. 
  9. An excuse to make a list of stuff that I love. 
  10. A home to decorate and invite people to. 
  11. Hugs 
  12. An excuse to buy presents for people. 
  13. The ability to buy presents for people. 
  14. A strong willed son whom recently enforces a strict rule of always praying for our safety before leaving the house, and thanking God for food every time he eats! :) 
  15. Little girl kisses
  16. Quiet
  17. A daughter who's favorite phrase is "I will help you, mommy" 
  18. Empathy
  19. Christmas lights/trees and the way they make me feel like a kid again, especially when watching little eyes admire them. 
  20. Being loved. 
  21. My husbands job, that he loves. 
  22. The forgiveness of Jesus Christ
  23. Salvation
  24. Parents that introduced me to both 22 and 23
  25. Who God chose to make me. 
  26. Health! It may be cliche, but I know that I'm so blessed to have a family who is healthy and well.
  27. Ability to pay our bills and pay for our own food. 
  28. Ability to give. 
  29. The smell of tasty things in the oven. 
  30. Taking care of my family. 
and much much more. 

Thank you, Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment