Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Superhero

If you're a mom, you are a superhero! 
Not because of child birth (which definitely can feel heroic)
Not because of stomach constitution (which will inevitably be tested)
Not because of "battle scars" (I have a few myself)

It's because, in the eyes of your children you are the ultimate. There is no one on earth that can be MOM. 
Her kisses are magical and heal all wounds
Her hugs are the embodiment of comfort and peace of mind
She obtains the wisdom to solve any problem 
She, alone, has the ability to find any missing object 
No one can match her ability articulate their favorite story with the same emphatic inflection time after time after time
She knows just the right way to express empathy when it is in it's greatest hour of need. 
Her voice is pure and beautiful (never mind if it's on key)
She understands her children in a way that can not be matched by any other

I love it when my daughter will be eating something... like say a cracker... and it will break in her hands, so in the world of her... the obviously conclusion is to bring it to me and say in heartbroken, pitiful tone "fix it, mommy!" 
and no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to explain that I'm not actually magical and can't repair a broken cracker. The best I can do is pretend and hand her a new one while discretely shoving the broken one into my mouth and trying not to chew too obviously. 
I  in no way want my children to believe that I'm without flaws and limitations, but it's so beautiful that, at this age, I'm still able to dazzle them by simply taking care of their needs/wants. 
Take the time, today, to feel powerful. To feel like a superhero raising the next generation! 

...and... remember that the next time those little eyes look up at you like you hung the moon... God actually did do that for us, and wants us to look at him the same. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment