Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Baby Talk

My 18 month old daughter is teaching me how to speak.
Yep, you read that right!

Nope, my daughter is not a remarkable language prodigy and I'm not completely lacking in basic linguistics. I just like her way of saying it better!!
I just caught myself saying  "Yeah... The baby woof is napping. She's seepy." (the puppy is taking a nap, because she's sleepy) 
Don't misunderstand. Even my daughter can say "dog" or "doggy" but she usually calls them "woofs" which is, of course, adorable. 
So do I encourage her to say it correctly? 
Apparently not...
Instead, I say it as she does because it's just so dang cute! 

Don't judge me. We all do it.

Well... most of us!  

Come on! Spill! What are baby phrases??? 

Mine are:

Dog: Woof
Cat: Meow
Thank You: Sank-OO
Baby: BeBe
Sleepy: Seepy
Bottle: Baba

2 comments:

  1. Hadlee says "dinosnores" instead of dinosaurs, which I think is awesome. She also used to say the f word instead of speck, which was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete