Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mechanical ineptitude

Anyone who knows me, knows that my mechanical inclination is completely non-existent. 
No. Really!

My (nearly) 4 year old son is much more mechanical than I am. True Story. 
So, naturally, when my kitchen sink was obviously clogged, my first inclination was to scratch my head, heave a sigh of dismay, and wait for the big strong hubby to get home and fix it for me. 
Makes sense right?

...Except one problem... the lecture
This, of course, would not be the first time this has happened, so I could anticipate the look of disapproval and the impending lecture about preventing such clogs. 
So naturally... I decided that I would at least try to fix it. 

I waited until my toddler was taking a nap, retrieved a bucket and some pliers, cleared out the misc stuff that was hanging out under there (i.e. garbage bags and empty coffee containers that I swore I would do something with, and never did), took a deep breath, and began removing the... cuplings? is that what they're called... connectors?... whatever... the little parts holding the p-trap on. 
Pliers Clip Art
First, after a few turns, I realized I was turning it the wrong way, and therefore  tightening it. So, I naturally quoted my "righty tighty, lefty loosy" and proceeded in the other direction. 

Secondly, got ferociously sprayed with what looked like, and smelled like vomit water. 

Thirdly, cleaned out the p-trap of what was, in fact, a Coconut Oil Dam. Moral of the story: DO NOT EVER PUT ANY COCONUT OIL DOWN YOUR DRAIN!!!!! ;)
Finally, screwed the p-trap back on best I could, knowing that my strong man was going to have to tighten it when he got home and took the disgusting bucket of water out the very very back of our yard and dumped it. 

I was so proud of myself, that I called my husband, to tell him. What does he say...???
"Why did you let the drain get clogged, again?!" 
Sigh
Oh well!!! 
I did it!!!! All on my own!!! Without help, or instruction! 


Because remember, Folks, It's the little things!!!!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment