Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sensory Overload vs Hanky Panky

WARNING: the following blog contains a little bit of "Hanky Panky"

that's right I said hanky panky and I don't regret it for a minute... OK... maybe a little. 


I adore my husband, am incredibly attracted to him, and greatly enjoy our physical relationship. I think it's such a strong, beautiful part of who we are a couple. 

So why do I occasionally say "no"?  

It's really quite simple. 

After a whole day of little hands pulling at me, and grabbing me and little voices expressing their consistent requests and demands, I can feel a little sensory overload by the end of the day. 
I ADORE my job. 
I love taking care of my kiddos. 
I love taking care of my husband. 
I don't find making love a burden in any way. 

But, once in a while, I just want a little... for lack of a better word... "space".  I want to embrace a feeling of "lack of demand" and rest my mind and body. "Recharge", if you will. 

I try not to let this "sensory overload" influence my relationship with him, but it will inevitably creep up from time to time. 

So... 

Honey, I love you. Please forgive me for my weaknesses. Don't take them personally... I will always do my best by you!!! :)   

3 comments:

  1. See, I'm just the opposite. After a looooooong day of kids this and kids that, cleaning and feeding and more cleaning and breaking up fights, etc., by the end of the day I'm begging, Make me feel like a desireable woman again! Let me forget for a few minutes that I'm a mom, and let me just be a wife again!

    Can you guess what my love language is? LOL

    --Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vary between extremes of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John tends to be a "pawer" ;-) lol.

    ReplyDelete