Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Underdog

I have an undying empathy for the "underdog".

I am very restricted in funds, so I am not able to buy all local, but if I could, I would... and I try to when I can, because I really love to support local small businesses! 

For instance, when Trader Joes went in, in Salem, everyone got super excited and started shopping there. Do you want to know what my first thought was?

"Awww... poor Lifesource!!" 



Now... contrary to popular belief, Trader Joes does not sell strictly organic products. They do some pretty delicious/cheap wine though, and that's where I buy my wine.

I try to always go to Lifesource for all my organic type stuff, though. I just love to support local and I love how LifeSource is strictly organic products.
(even if my husband won't go there with me, because he says it's a "hippy store") lol

Bigger businesses, like Walmart, etc can afford to sell their products for very cheap, because it is all outsourced and cheaply made, but when you can... do your best to support the local farmer/business!!

Support the underdog! :) 

1 comment:

  1. I hate how people think Trader Joe's is all organic... That being said I do really like their shampoo and conditioner, mostly because although it isn't organic, it is natural and still super cheap.

    ReplyDelete