Friday, October 19, 2012

Dear Gabby

Dear Gabriella, 

I regret not writing you a letter before you were born. You were my second child, so I was so much busier while pregnant with you. I treasured being pregnant with you, but I neglected to do some of those sweet little things. 

 

Your labor was a gift. You made it easy on me. My water broke at 5 AM, only 2 days after your due date. You were born after only about 1/2 hour or less of pushing at 6 PM, the same day. When you entered this world, and they placed your body on top of mine, the midwife jokingly called you "fat". I spoke up saying simply "She's beautiful!" and no one could argue that. Your chubby cheeks were absolutely irresistible! 

You were truly the absolute perfect baby. The sound of you crying was a foreign one. You constantly dawned contentment and a smile, sleeping through the night from infancy. Everywhere you went you drew smiles from every face. Even the sourest dispositions couldn't resist your charm.







As you've grown so has your spark. Your beauty increases with each day, and so does your independence and "spunk".  You are my pint sized comedian, "double stuffed" with personality. You love to laugh and you adore the spot light. The spot light, of course, comes easily to someone with your kind of charm. 



I often wonder if you will pursue art. You spend hours, every day, drawing and singing. You have a deep fascination with  music. One of your favorite phrases is "I want my song!", which is your toddler way of telling me that you would like to hear some some music. 
My wish and prayer for you is that you are wiser than your mother. Don't ever compromise your standards. You deserve the best. Always allow your decisions to be your own. Don't swim with the current because it's easy and don't swim against it to be difficult. Make your own current and let it take you to your dreams. 


Love,
Mommy




1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete