Thursday, October 4, 2012

WARNING

This is a very serious post. It's not a joke of any kind. Please take it seriously!!!


Deer this season are showing strong signs of aggression

My parents own a small dog. When I say "small dog" I mean slightly bigger than a chihuahua. It is a Yorkie Mix. 

She was playing in our backyard and she saw a deer in the neighbors yard. She squeezed through the fence to check it out. She didn't bark or show aggression... just sniffing. The deer attacked her. It trampled her. We don't know if she'll live, but it's unlikely at this point. She has a fractured skull, partially collapsed lung, broken ribs, and a missing eye. If she lives, it will be a miracle. 

When my parents took her to the vet they said that the deer have been a problem, this season... attacking dogs and other pets. The nurse there said that deer on her property have been aggressive to her TWO pitbulls (unprovoked). She has to bring her dogs inside if she's not out there with them, to keep them safe. 

I tell you this as a cautionary tale!!! If you have dogs, be careful... if you have small kids that would ever  be outside without you, be sure to tell them to never approach ANY wild animal!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Crazy! I know deer can be aggressive when threatened (they roam all over at Eagle Crest, and we were all trying to pet it and it got overwhelmed and attempted to head butt me, thankfully it missed and it was a doe) but it is odd that they are being the aggressors. I hope the dog ends up alright.

    ReplyDelete