Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sticky Kitchen

I have a grape vine in my backyard. Last year it produced almost nothing, but this year, after a little fertilizing, produced an INSANE amount of grapes!!!!! 

So naturally I underwent the messy task of making lots of homemade grape juice.
I don't have a juicer... so my methods were questionable. I put the grapes in the blender than put them through a very fine strainer (I didn't have cheese cloth at the time) 

(we had about 6 more of these bags, by the way)

After all was said and done. Purple hands, and sticky kitchen... can I tell you... it was so worth it. Store bought grape juice does NOT hold a candle to homemade. My family pounded 3 gallons of juice in a matter of days!!! 

Moral of the story: if you get the opportunity to make your own grape juice. DO IT! Even if you think you don't have the stuff to do it. :) You won't regret it! 

1 comment: