Thursday, April 7, 2011

ODE TO AN AMAZING HUSBAND


Rising before the light

Bedding late into the night

Holding a candle to me alone

Always answering his phone

Never wandering in heart

Even when we are apart

Working to the bone

but still eager to come home

Hugs and Kisses all around

Even worked into the ground

Always driving the cheaper car

Even when he drives twice as far

Sacrefices everyday

In 10,000 amazing little ways

Changing diapers

And holding hands

Teaching our son to be a man

Providing for our every need

WIthout selfishness or greed

Ode to a husband

That goes beyond and above

That makes a lifestyle out of his love
Thought of the day: Let's give our men the credit they deserve AND on that note... my hubby was just victim to the chainsaw of death and doom... well actually he just had a vesectomy, which is a pretty safe and simple procedure, but same difference when you're dealin' with the "family jewels" becoming the "no more family jewels". Sure it was hard at first thinking about never holding a newborn baby in my arms again that's mine, but now that it's a done deal there is an inevitible sense of FREEDOM. I like it when decisions are finalized and I don't have to worry about them anymore... that's what I feel now. Never will I have to run to the store for an emergency prego test or have worry if I took my pill on time. It's a done deal! ...so upsides... and downsides... but over all glad we did it. It's a stigma to say I don't want more kids, but any one who knows me knows I ADORE my tikes... I just know when enough is enough for MY family. :) But yeah... kudos to my man for takin' it in the.... well you know... for our family.

2 comments:

  1. I like it Bee. Good job! And though the newborn will not be yours, I'll be sure to fly home when I start having them... YEARS from now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it, no more free pregnancy tests from Miss Fertile! LOL

    ReplyDelete