Thursday, April 14, 2011

The talent-less wonder



So... I have discovered that I am talent-less. No, don't argue... it's OK... I'm not belly-achin' about it. It's just the truth. Don't misunderstand, this doesn't mean I don't have skillz in certain things. I have learned how to do some fairly neat things in my day... but there are two things I can't seem to learn!!! SEWING AND RUNNING.
This picture is kind of what my sewing projects turn out like... I just don't have "it"... and by it I mean patience and by patiences I mean... ANY. I think my 2-year-old son has more patience than I do, really! I have tried and tried and tried to sew and every time it turns out looking like my maybe my son made it. BUT... what can ya do?
The other is running... OK... to be fair I haven't really dedicated the time into running that I have into trying to sew, because well... it HURTS.
"When she runs she looks like a cross between kermit the from and the 6 million dollar man!"
I huff puff my way through about a block and then wonder "Why, oh why am I punishing myself?!?!?!" and then think "walking is good, too... right?"
Slow and steady wins the race, right?
(actually there are a lot more things that I epic fail at, but that's another blog, another day)

1 comment:

  1. LOL!

    Yeah I don't even try with the running. Its like punishing yourself and I am just not a masochist. I do love walking.

    I suck at sewing too due to the lack of patience. I have a problem that I don't like to try and figure out how to do things right so I just do them my own way. And usually have pieces left over. Unless I am making something for someone else I suck and if you look even a little closely its pretty horrible.

    ReplyDelete