Monday, April 11, 2011

Truth about Nursing





So I have nursed two babies, now; the two quite different in nursing style and needs. My son was super high demand, eat 24/7, comfort nurser, and my daughter is hungry on a schedule, down to business, strictly for food nurser.


I just want to tell you nursing is A-MAZING. The "work" part of it is really only the beginning and some babies, like my daughter, it's never really "work". The things they can't tell you in the little hand-outs and pamphlets are the looks your baby gets on his/her face when you nurse them. It's like you are feeding them liquid love and the little amazing things they do like twirling your hair in their fingers, hugging your breast, and holding your fingers in their hand.


I am not implying that bottle-fed babies are not affectionate, by any means... don't misunderstand... but the time I have spent nursing my babies cannot be replaced.


For instance... on days like today where I am sicker than sick (nasty cold) and feel like curlin' up under a blanket and zzin' the day away... I just lay her next to me, she nures to sleep and cuddles me as long as I want her to. (which is generally awhile)


Yes... there is leaking (evil), nursing pads (evil-er), engogement (evilest), and having to base your wordrobe on being about to feed the babe on a dime, but it's sooo worth it.


But... conveneince (good), weight loss (better), healthy baby (best)!



Here is pretty much everything you need to know about nursing









No comments:

Post a Comment