Friday, July 20, 2012

You're stuck with you

Society often makes us apologize for self esteem. 
Are we really supposed to dwell in a constant state of insecurity? 
How much can we accomplish while feeling insufficient? 

Contrary to the apparent consensus, you can be both secure and humble. 

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
  "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. ' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me...For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Does this mean that you should face the day as an underachiever, saying 
"Yes! I suck!" 

Um... NO!

It mean that you can make peace with your flaws and shortcomings because the Lord knows them all and, if you let Him, is prepared to shine through them. 

Do not deny yourself the joy of taking pride in your accomplishments .
Do not regret feeling attractive. 
We have enough sadness in the world without robbing ourselves of any more joy. 

As long as self appreciation does not transform to a beast of "entitlement" or superiority/judgement.

Remember... you're stuck with yourself... might as well get along! 

Dear Lord, please always make your strength known in my shortcomings and help me always seem myself through your eyes.


http://youtu.be/eWvJadrTG34

No comments:

Post a Comment