Monday, July 2, 2012

Nail-Biter!

Life, it's a nail-biter!
The world is no longer a simple place (if it ever was), and it's so easy to get caught up in the anxiety. In fact, not to sound judgmental, but if you were to tell me that you never feel anxiety of any kind, I'd have to assume that you are either in a drug-induced coma, you have severe amnesia, or you're just pullin' my leg. 
Even children have things to be anxious about. Whether it be their first day of school, learning to share with others, or trying to compromise/communicate with their siblings. 
It's life. 

It always has been.

Psalm 94:18-19
"When I said 'My foot is slipping', your unfailing love, Lord supported me. 
When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy." 

because that's kind of God we have. When you feel your foot slipping, does he let you fall and say "well next time, don't be so reckless!"? No! He waits only for us to reach out a hand, and he catches us and soothes our anxiety! 
He just wants us to ask.

Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  
Just trust Him with it, so he can comfort, protect, and heal. 

He will even bring people into your life to help build you up, in your anxiety, if you are willing to open up to them. Adopt transparency. 
Remember... We've all truly been there. 


Proverbs 12:25
"Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind world cheers it up." 
Our Lord is not a "just rub some dirt on it" Kind of God. He loves us more than we can understand, and desires to ease our stresses. 

Isaiah 41:13
"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says 'Do not fear, I will help you'". 
He's desires to walk with you, holding your hand the whole way. 
Life with Jesus, reminds me of being in Labor. 
It Hurts!
My husband did not march into the delivery room, insisting that I take "drugs" for the pain, despite my desires not to.
Instead he put my health and the health of our child first, holding my hand, and encouraging me the whole way.
Just like labor has the payoff of a healthy, beautiful baby; so life has the pay off of eternal life, with Jesus. 

Let's stand firm in the knowledge that he's holding our hand the whole way. Ready to jump in and fight for us! 

Exodus 14:14
"The Lord will fight for you; you need only be still."
Life may not always look the way we expect. Sometimes you can't help but look up at the sky and wonder if He's paying attention to you.
Remember, just because you feel lost, doesn't mean the Lord doesn't know where you are going. 

Psalm 37:23-24
"The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in Him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand."

Anxiety is a force of nature that will inevitably sneak up on you from time to time, but remember who is on our side and remember not to be afraid of the unknown that lies around the corner because God is already there. 

John 14:27 
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid" 


Lord, please take away my anxieties. You will never leave me. All I need to do is trust you!  


No comments:

Post a Comment