Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Beautiful Mess


You know what I love about God? I love his ability to turn the ugly into beautiful! Sometimes it feels like this world gives us unbearable truths when in reality they are blessings in disguise... and sometimes God can take the ashes of lives to fertilize immeasurable beauty.

My grandfather was raised in a indescribably abusive home. He ran away from home when he was only 9 years old and lived in either "boys homes" or the streets from there on. 
By the time my father was a teenager, my grandfather had succumb to alcoholism and pain. 

After his kids were grown, God grabbed him by the heart and wouldn't let go. He broke down his pain and barriers, saved him, and made him new. He made a 180 in life. 

Shortly after this, he hopped on his motorcycle and got in an accident that took his life. 


Some would say that this tragic. "How could God take him away when he was finally right with God?" 
I can't pretend to have the answers... but my theory... he saved him from himself. My grandpa had suffered so much that he wanted to take him before the world could do any more harm to him and separate him from God. 

It was a wordly tragedy and a Heavenly blessing. 

Sometimes crap happens in our lives, and I don't subscribe to the "God is punishing us" belief. I subscribe to the "that's the flawed world we live in" belief. The wonder of it is that there is nothing that God can't make beautiful if we let him. 
I feel like he provided the ultimate example of this in his own death. 
Horrific turned Perfection!  




Next time you are facing a painful season in your life try and close your eyes and say "God, what beautiful thing are you going to do with this?" 








No comments:

Post a Comment