Thursday, August 2, 2012

Can they trust you?

Make sure you are a person that people can trust. 


Unfortunately, I am the type of person who tries not to open up to many people. When I have made an exception, it hasn't ended well. My best friend is my mom and she is always the person I open up to about things going on in my life. She's safe. 

Recently, my mom had to move to Colorado (temporarily) for my dad's work. It has been a touch on the lonely side and has resulted in me opening up a little more to other people. This has been bitter/sweet. I have only spoke with a few people in my life and it's been a great bonding experience with some, and for others I immediately regretted it. 

This has got me thinking about being a "safe" person. I always want to be the kind of person that people can trust. I want people to feel like, when they open up to me, that they won't be greeted with judgement or condemnation. 

Being like Christ and just in general being a good friend means that you never use other people's pain to seat yourself above them in any manner or fashion. 

I think this is particularly difficult for women, because we, by nature, have an urge to talk about people which leads to gossip. 

  • I promise to do my best to be a good friend. 
  • I promise to always work to be a "safe" person. 
  • I promise to not greet you with judgement or condemnation. 
  • I promise  to do my best to make sure that you never regret opening up to me. 
  • I promise to make an effort to never talk about you on a personal level when you're not there... unless I am just saying how wonderful you are. 
  • I promise to make an effort to cry when you cry, laugh when you laugh, and encourage you with love when you need it. 
  • I promise to make an effort to always make you feel loved, no matter how I'm feeling. 



No comments:

Post a Comment