Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Best of Both Worlds


I am not a huge supporter (for my fam) of exclusive co-sleeping. This is mostly because it tends to develop bad sleeping habits in the little ones and make imtamacy difficult to manage.
I HOWEVER looove to snuggle my babes.
My favorite pass time is family naps, seriously!
I have discovered the best of both worlds... seriously!!! We wrap up our precious Gabriella and put her in a bassinet next our bed at 7:30. She typically wakes up around 4ish (give or take) to eat and at this point I grab her and let her sleep/nurse in our bed until we get up. It is quite wonderful. I get the benefits of co-sleeping without the disadvantages.
She is able to get to sleep on her own, and sleep in her own bed without complaint, but I get all the emotional, physical, and psychological benefits of having her in our bed because of the "transfer" in the weee ours of the morning. :)
Life is good!!

1 comment:

  1. It does seem like a good compromise :) I would want my kids to be able to sleep on their own, so at lease sometimes I don't want to co-sleep. Plus Michael pretty much hates the idea.

    I am hoping to have my kids sleep later than I do on weekdays though so we can still sleep in on weekends, so I don't know if it would work for me. I know babies/small children like to get up early, but I know you can change the schedule for at lease some of them, because Jackson sleeps until like 11 am from what Brittany has said.

    I'm going to aim for a 9 am wake-up time I think. I have been trying WAY to long to get pregnant, because I have EVERYTHING all planned out LOL. I'm not quite sure that is a good thing...

    ReplyDelete