Tuesday, May 17, 2011

LOVE




So the other day I walked into the room and found Gideon looking over Gabriella's swing intently. I quietly watched; Gideon unaware that I was there. He smiled and whispered into her smiling face
"Sister, I love you."
I almost cried! I lost it! How sweet is that?
Of course after my adament praise and excitement Gideon started in a broken record of "I love you mommy, I love you sister, I love you mommy..." and so on, but in that one special moment, when he didn't see me watching he confessed his undying love for his baby sister.
In the years to come where they will fight over toys and argue over who is on what side of the car and hold barbie and treasured toy cars hostage... In all the coming struggles, hair pulls, and conflict resolution....
I can always come back to this moment in my mind and heart. A secret confession of love.
Holding me hostage for cookies ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment