Friday, May 13, 2011

Second Baby Myths





Myth One:
If you have one easy-goin' kiddo, you're always in for a nightmare!
Does she look like a nightmare to you??? She, in fact, is probably the easiest baby ever to grace this earth. A little slice of Heaven. (oh and By the way, Gideon was an awesome baby too)
Myth Two:
Girls are always smaller than boys.
My beautiful monsters. Gideon was 9 lbs 7 oz and I thought she couldn't possibly be bigger... WRONG. She was 9 lbs 14 oz. (pretty much 10 lbs)
Which leads me to my 3rd myth
Myth Three:
You can't deliver super big babies naturally. SO wrong. I did it... I have great friends that did it! It's totally doable!
Myth Four:
Jealousy will ALWAYS rear it's ugly head as soon as you bring home number two kid to meat number one kid.
Gideon LOOVES his baby sister, and he is PROUD to be the big kid of the two of them. Protecting and Caring for her, always.
Myth Five:
Your diet is always to blame for the size of your baby!
I was really careful not to eat very little to nothing sugary or fatty with throughout my pregnancy with Gabriella especially, and guess what... genetics had their say. ;)
Moral of story... don't trust what people say. It is never as good or bad as they say it is. :)

2 comments:

  1. You know, your mom and I both tried to tell you that girls are actually bigger than boys at birth on average, but you wouldn't believe us (I think that you were just wanting a girl next so you didn't WANT to believe us)! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually... it wasn't me. It was the nurses at the hospital... and everyone I know (except my mom)

    ReplyDelete