Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Crazy Revelation...


You know women are insane?! All of us... bonkers!
I have been working hard to loose weight... obsessively. Exercise, dieting... the whole she-bang. That being said
I was walking with a close friend of mine the other day and going on about what I WANT my body to look like.
Something like this:
... on and on... whine complain... (despite constant compliments, reassurement, and contradictions from my adoring husband)
Then my friend turned to me and said
"I just want to look like you."
and I realized how ungrateful and skewed my perception is. The friend in question is b-e-autiful and has no reason to try to look like me... and I have no reason to try to look like this model.
I may not be perfect. I may have a stretchmark covered, stretched out belly... but I am beautiful.... Just ask those that love me! :)
Besides, I earned every stretch mark. EVERY SINGLE ONE. They are proof of the greatest thing I've ever done!

4 comments:

  1. I still want to look like the model, except, although I would love a tan I think I would need to be a bit whiter than this or it would look like I lived in a tanning bed. Plus I want my face, it would be weird to have someone else's face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh rachel... you are beautiful! You DO look like a model

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well my belly might be a little more "model-like" if I drank less than 32oz of soda everyday. Can you say bloated?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great points Melissa! You are beautiful inside and out. Seems like Supermodels are so skinny these days, really who wants to be a size 1 and 5 foot 10. Sounds like a health hazzard to me.I read some articles about that last year and it was pretty sad. Kudos on your post.

    ReplyDelete