Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Kiddo Logic


So, my son has a recent obsession with air planes and helicopters of all varieties. He gets immeasurably excited when he sees them fly overhead. Which has been somewhat encouraged by my husband who wanted to be a pilot as a child.
Recently we were making a trip to the grocery store and after loading up the van and getting everyone buckled in my son went into a fit of hysteria.
"mommy, LOOK it's a RED airplane in the sky!"
Being a distracted mommy that I am I just nodded
"oh yeah, look at that..."
Then joyful giggles turned into sniffles
"sniff sniff, momma I WANT it."
I reassuringly told him
"I'm sorry Gideon, but the airplane is waaay up in the sky. I can't get that for you."
He paused and thought about this for a few minutes and excitedly said
"WE'LL GET A LATTER!"
Needless to say... he still didn't get his airplane, but DID get commended for his ingenuity and problem solving skills ;)
So here's me saying... if your problems seem out of reach... even ridiculously so... just get a latter. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment